Health Care Assistants required for Days and Nights
Harborne Lane is a family run care home provider. And is committed to delivering the highest standards of person centred care to older people in our home.
The role will require you to work shifts on a rota.
The key responsibilities of our Health Care Assistants include:
- Carry out care activities in accordance with person centred care plan for all residents
- Provide assistance as necessary to residents with restricted mobility to move to dining areas at mealtimes and other communal areas for social activities and to the privacy of their bedrooms at their request.
- Provide assistance to serve meals and beverages, encouraging and assisting in the feeding of residents as per their requirements.
- Contribute to the creation and development of effective person centred care plans.
- Ensure bedroom areas are kept tidy, pleasant and comfortable by making beds, regularly changing bed linen and emptying commodes.
- Ensure the regular cleaning of equipment involved in personal care of residents, including commodes and wheelchairs.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all residents, family, visitors and colleagues
When joining Harborne Lane as a Health Care Assistant, we will offer you:
- 5.6 weeks annual holiday per annum (including public holidays)
- Career development pathways and formal training opportunities
- Free uniform
- Pension scheme
- Great working environment
To build upon our improvements and success, we rely on our passionate and dedicated staff at all levels. We are currently seeking enthusiastic and caring team players to join us as Health Care Assistants. Harborne Lane delivers compassionate residential, EOL, acquired brain injury, dementia and respite care in a high quality and lively environment.
A Level 2 qualification in Health & Social Care (or equivalent) and experience of a similar role is desirable, but not necessary. It is equally important that you can demonstrate the right behaviours and attitude for working in an adult social care environment. We will provide a full induction alongside formal training opportunities to enable you to continue your career as a Health Care Assistant with us.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. This post will require and DBS Disclosure.
Job Type: Permanent Contract 24 – 48 hours weekly
Salary: £7.95 – £8.25 per hr
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org